NEET Application Form Filling Process3 min read
The NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a mandatory medical entrance test taken by candidates aiming to pursue a medical career. The NEET 2022 recorded an all-time high of 18.7 lakh registrations. With an increasing number of students taking an interest in this examination, the competitive levels will get higher.
If you are planning to take NEET this year, this article might be of help to you to get started with the NEET 2023 registration process. The examination date has been released for NEET 2023; it is scheduled to be conducted on May 7, 2023.
NEET 2023 Highlights
|Name of examination||NEET|
|NEET full form||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|NEET exam date 2023||7 May 2023|
|Conducting authority||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|NEET subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology|
|Mode of examination||Offline – Pen and paper test|
|Mode of registration||Online|
|Duration of exam||3 hours 20 minutes|
|Total questions||180 out of 200 to be attempted|
|Marking scheme||4 marks for the correct response, and 1 mark deducted for the incorrect response|
|Medium of question paper||13 languages|
NEET Registration Trend over the Years
|Year||No. of registrations||No. of candidates attempted|
Registration Process for NEET 2023
The NTA releases the application form for the NEET on its official website. The application forms can be filled out and submitted via online mode only. Before filling out the NEET application form, candidates must be well aware of the eligibility criteria for NEET. For instance, the minimum age requirement to take NEET is 17 years, while there is no upper age limit or any attempt limit. Visit the official website of NEET to learn about the eligibility criteria in detail.
Step-by-Step Registration process
Following are the basic steps to register for NEET 2023 online:
- Filling out the online form
- Uploading documents
- Payment of application fee (online mode only)
- Submission of the form
- Visit https://ntaneet.nic.in/ website.
- Click on the link – NEET Online registration – seen on the homepage.
- Click on the “New registration” tab.
- Select the “I agree” checkbox and tick it to accept the terms and conditions after reading the instructions.
- Register by entering personal details and other steps. Note your application number.
Filling out the online form
- Log in with your application number generated and the password created to complete the form filling.
- Provide personal details such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, DOB, email ID, and mobile number and click on submit (Please note: Details entered must be the same as that of the details seen on the Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University Certificate).
- Provide the address and other academic details and qualifications.
- Select your medium of question paper, choice of exam city, etc.
- Scanned images as per specifications mentioned on the official website must be uploaded.
- Documents to be uploaded – recent passport-size photograph, postcard-size photo, left and right thumb impression, signature. PwD certificate, Citizenship certificate and Category certificate (if applicable).
- Proceed to fee payment after completion of the steps mentioned above.
- Payment can be made through card, net banking, Paytm or UPI services. Also applicable are the processing fee and GST.
Once the payment is successful, one can see the confirmation page. This confirms the completion of the registration process. Download and save a copy of this confirmation page for any future reference.
This was a brief on the registration process for NEET 2023. Regularly visit the official website to get the latest news on NEET 2023 and stay updated.